Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Knitting Club

Hello

Today Knitting Club has a new member!!! I'm very excited that our small group is growing! I can't wait till work slows down (around November) so I can host proper knitting club gatherings at my house with delicious knit friendly snacks (nothing that will induce greasy fingers- promise) and cups of fancy herbal tea or homemade hot chocolate. . .
Not to mention that my mom will be able to join us and she is a terrific hostess.

Knitting Club went by so fast- and I even (almost) showed up on time! Before I knew it, I had almost the entire sleeve for the hoodie finished. A few more rows to go- and then I start working on the hood and pocket and then I'm done! I'm quite impressed at how fast it went considering how little time I have right now. Hopefully I will be finishing the project by next week Knitting Club! I also have to remember to bring a copy of my Chocolate Marshmallow Banana Nut Bread Recipe (aka Satan's Banana Loaf :P ) in exchange for a book borrow.

It is almost time to start thinking about my next project. . . which I will probably end up buying more yarn for (not like I don't already have enough for 1,100,000,000,000 projects)
I'm thinking of possibly making my mom a shawl (inspired by knitting club)- she makes me a lot of stuff- and the only thing I've ever made her is sea creatures, which she loves, but can't wear them. The time it would take me to finish it would make it a Christmas gift.
Pattern and yarn suggestions appreciated!

1 comment:

  1. Do you know your mom's shawl preferences? Would she like something fancy & lacy? Or is she more of a practical lady who wants a shawl to keep her warm?

    It took me one month to complete the Traveling Woman shawl. I used Knit Picks Gloss. (The dye came off on my fingers and in the tub when I soaked it. Other than that, though, it seems like a perfectly fine yarn.)

    I wholeheartedly recommend the Traveling Woman shawl. It was easy and the pattern was clear. The designer provides both written and charted instructions. (And it's free!)

    Here are the other lacy shawls I was considering for my mother:
    · Seraphim Shawl
    · In the Land of Oz
    · Caricia
    · Moonlight Sonata Shawl
    · Arabella

    I'm now working on the Mara shawl using Knit Picks Wool of the Andes. I think the worsted weight yarn is slightly too thick but it does make for a very squishy and sproingy (and warm!) shawl.

    There are so many patterns for shawls. For some reason, I only looked at the triangular ones :P

    ReplyDelete